Friday, May 14, 2010

May 8, 2010 - Saturday

Receive message from class while in Amsterdam that they missed their flight from Detroit to Amsterdam and will be at least one day late. Fortunately a professor from the Agronomy department was also traveling to Eldoret and happened to be on the same Amsterdam/Nairobi flight. I asked the flight attendants where Dr. Schulze was sitting and met up with him to continue my journey. After landing and getting our bags, we take a cab to the Methodist Guest House. The taxi driver was flying through downtown at speeds upwards of 140 kph (87 mph) and provided my first exposure to the lunacy that is driving in Kenya.


I check-in and eventually am able to send out some email to let folks know I was in Nairobi. Also received a call from Scott Rumpsa to see if I was still flying out to Eldoret since the rest of the class was behind. I decide to go ahead and go out there and Scott will pick me up and show me around. Exhausted, I go to sleep with my alarm set for 5:30 in the morning.

No comments: